Do you have stubborn fat around your midsection that you have not been able to eliminate through rigorous diet and exercise? If you want to get rid of these fat deposits without surgery, and you are at or near your ideal weight, CoolSculpting® is an FDA-approved, non-invasive fat reduction treatment that can help you achieve your desired look. This innovative treatment, available from our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Paul LoVerme, requires no anesthesia or incisions. Using a variety of specialized treatment applicators CoolSculpting® can eliminate excess fat cells naturally and gradually from the abdomen, back, upper arms, hips, thighs, and other areas of the body. CoolSculpting® is a highly customized procedure and individual treatment plans are tailored to each patient’s specific fat reduction needs.
For many patients, this non-surgical procedure can often serve as an alternative to liposuction or other surgical fat reduction options. As an experienced and highly trained plastic surgeon, Dr LoVerme offers a wide range of body contouring procedures and can help you determine the best option for your needs, goals, lifestyle, and budget.
If you are interested in learning more about CoolSculpting® and want to find out if you are a good candidate for treatment, contact The LoVerme Center for Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation.
What are the Benefits of CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting® is a revolutionary treatment that has empowered both women and men to get rid of stubborn fat without surgical intervention. This method of fat reduction offers many attractive advantages to patients who are interested in smoothing and slenderizing their body contours, including:
- CoolSculpting® is very versatile and FDA-approved to reduce fat in many different areas of the body
- Treatment is non-surgical and non-invasive
- CoolSculpting® can both debulk large areas of fat and fine tune the figure by treating smaller, isolated fat deposits as well
- Patients typically experience only mild to moderate discomfort during treatment
- There is little to no downtime necessary after treatment
- CoolSculpting® treatment plans are highly customized to achieve specific body contouring goals
- Treatment sessions can be repeated to achieve maximum results
- Sessions take about an hour or less depending on the applicators being used
- CoolAdvantage™ applicators can improve patient comfort and reduce treatment time by half
How Does CoolSculpting® Work?
CoolSculpting® utilizes a carefully controlled cooling technique called cryolipolysis to specifically target fat cells in the treatment area, while surrounding skin and tissue remain unharmed during the process. During treatment, a specialized cooling device suctions in a pichable area of skin and excess fat from specific areas of the body, and cools the fat to a temperature that disrupts the fat cells. These damaged fat cells are later metabolized by the body and filtered out through the lymphatic system, shrinking the thickness of the fat layer in the treated area. If the patient has good skin elasticity, then skin often tightens during the fat reduction process.
ZELTIQ, the company that created CoolSculpting®, has developed an array of CoolSculpting® applicators designed to make targeting specific areas of the body and treating different quantities of fat easier. Their most recent innovation is a series of new CoolAdvantage™ applicators which allow for faster treatment times and improve patient comfort. At The LoVerme Center for Plastic Surgery we offer an array of CoolSculpting® applicators to provide our patients with highly customized treatment that can deliver optimal body contouring results:
- CoolAdvantage™: CoolAdvantage™ applicators increase comfort during treatment by 45%, and cut treatment time in half. The CoolCurve+ Advantage™, CoolCore Advantage™, and CoolFit Advantage™ are updated versions of three traditional CoolSculpting® applicators that are compatible with the new CoolAdvantage™ technology.
- CoolPetite Advantage™: A member of the CoolAdvantage™ family, CoolPetite Advantage™ is designed to quickly and comfortably treat small, stubborn pockets of fat on the arms, mid-back, back of the thighs, knees, and other regions of the body.
- CoolMax™: The large CoolMax™ applicator is best-suited for fat volume reduction (also referred to as “debulking”) in the lower and upper abdominal regions.
- CoolCore™: The CoolCore™ is a smaller version of the CoolMax™ applicator designed to accomplish precision sculpting. The CoolCore™ applicator is most often used to remove fat from the sides of the body and waist. It can also contour stubborn bulges from the abdomen, chest (males), hips, and back, and small areas around the “bikini area” (i.e. lower abdomen, lower hips, and beneath the buttocks).
- CoolFit™: The CoolFit™ has a larger cooling surface than the CoolCore™ applicator, which makes it ideal for treating long vertical regions of fat that are hard to reach, such as the inner thighs and beneath the upper arms.
- CoolCurve+™: CoolCurve+™ is a curved applicator with a smaller cooling surface than the CoolCore™. It is designed to specifically treat curved, hard to reach areas on the sides of the body and waist, and in some cases, small spots along the inner thighs.
- CoolSmooth PRO™: The CoolSmooth PRO™ applicator is essentially a flat cooling panel designed to treat any area that is difficult or impossible to suction such as the outer thighs.
What Can I Expect During CoolSculpting®?
CoolSculpting® typically takes no longer than one hour per treatment area, and many patients can have this treatment performed during their lunch break and resume normal activities right after the procedure. When CoolSculpting® is performed with CoolAdvantage™ applicators, sessions are usually finished in half the usual time. Prior to treatment, Dr. LoVerme can inform you about how long your sessions will take based on the unique CoolSculpting® plan he has developed for you.
During the procedure, some patients may experience a mild sensation of pulling, tugging, or pinching around treatment sites. Following the procedure, mild numbness, tingling, or redness may be present at treated areas. Any side effects typically subside quickly, and many patients do not experience any significant side effects at all. Patients have often described the CoolSculpting® procedure as comfortable enough to fall asleep during treatment. If you are concerned about discomfort during treatment, you may want to consider CoolSculpting® treatment with CoolAdvantage™ applicators, which are clinically proven to deliver an even more comfortable experience. Since CoolSculpting® isn’t a surgical procedure, there is generally no downtime following treatment sessions.
What are the Results of CoolSculpting®?
The full results of CoolSculpting® can typically be seen within two to four months following the procedure. Multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve maximum fat reduction and optimal results. If you are considering CoolSculpting® and want to see examples of the results that are possible, we invite you to explore our photo gallery. There we have many CoolSculpting before-and-after photos featuring some of Dr. LoVerme’s male and female patients.
Postoperative Photos: Two months after (+3 pounds)
How Much Does CoolSculpting® Cost?
Since each CoolSculpting® treatment plan is unique to the individual, the total cost can vary from patient to patient. The full price of CoolSculpting® is determined by several factors:
- The areas being treated
- The applicators that are being used
- The number of sessions recommended to achieve the desired results
During a one-on-one consultation with Dr. LoVerme, he can provide you with an approximate price quotation for what it will cost to achieve your cosmetic goals with CoolSculpting®. To help make the cost of treatment more affordable, we offer plastic surgery financing through a third-party company called CareCredit®. For qualified individuals, CareCredit® offers low-interest loans and monthly payment plans on elective health procedures. We also accept payment with all major credit cards for your convenience.
If you have any questions about CoolSculpting®, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. LoVerme or our CoolSculpting® Team Leader, please contact us today.