- Boston University, B.A., Biology, cum laude 1973
- UMDNJ – New Jersey Medical School, M.D. 1978
- UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, Surgery 1978-1983
- Medical College of Ohio, Plastic Surgery 1983-1985
- Research Fellow, UMDNJ, Dept. of Surgery 1980-1981
- American Cancer Society Clinical Fellow 1981-1982
- Surgical Oncology & Head & Neck Surgery
- National Board of Medical Examiners 1979
- American Board of Surgery 1984
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1987
- 1990 Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery – American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery at Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School
- Licensed – New York, New Jersey, Ohio (inactive)
Societies, Awards, Honors
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Spokesperson for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- N.J. Society of Plastic Surgeons (past president)
- N.Y. Regional Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- New Jersey Medical Society
- Society of Surgeons of N.J.
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- Essex County Medical School
- Top Doctors, Castle & Connolly Guide
- Top Doctors in New York Metro Area, New York Magazine
- New York Metro Area, 18th Edition, 17th Edition, 16th Edition, 15th Edition, 14th Edition, 13th Edition, 12th Edition, 11th Edition, 10th Edition, 9th Edition, 8th Edition, 7th Edition, 6th Edition
- Best Doctors in New Jersey, NJ Monthly Magazine
- Who’s Who in America, Marquis’ Directory of Medical Specialists
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who, Millennium Edition – 2000-2001
- N.J. Governor’s Volunteer Award, Honorable Mention
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Aesthetic Surgery
- Physicians Recognition Award, American Medical Association – 1981, 1984, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2002
- New Jersey Monthly: Top Docs: 2001
- New Jersey Life: Top Beauty Doctors: 2004
- NJ.com Top Doctors: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009
- Inside Jersey Magazine Top Doctors: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Montclair Magazine: 2019
- President, NJ Society of Plastic Surgeons 1997
- Spokesperson, American Society of Plastic Surgeons 1990-present
- President NJ Chapter, American College of Surgeons 2002-2003
- Trip Chief Healing the Children Medical Center
- Governor American College of Surgeons
- Vice President Essex County Medical Society
- Mountainside Hospital/Atlantic Health Systems
- St. Barnabas Medical Center
- Clara Maass Medical Center
- UMDNJ – University Hospital
Volunteer Reconstructive Surgery
I.Healing the Children: Mission Abroad Program
- Tamazunchale, Mexico October 1988 & November 1989
- Nairobi, Kenya October 1991
- Ahauachapan, El Salvador October 1992
- San Miguel, El Salvador October 1993
- San Salvador, El Salvador November 1994
- Ahauachapan, El Salvador January 1996
- Santa Ana, El Salvador February 1998
- Azogues, Ecuador, January 2000
- Healing the Children Stateside Program
- Reconstructive maxillofacial, oncological and burn surgery on children from the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Russia, Colombia, Ethiopia, Poland and United States.
II. Afghan Refugee Assistance Fund
- Reconstructive hand surgery on Afghan refugee children
- Member, New York Area Boston University Alumni
- Member, Glen Ridge Athletic Association
- Member, Friends of Glen Ridge Library
- Member, St. Cassian’s Church, Montclair
- Soccer Coach, GRAA, 1985, 1986, 1990
- Baseball Coach, GRAA, 1989
- Soccer Boosters, Delbarton School, 1991 – 1993
- Football Boosters, Delbarton School, 1994 – 1999
- LaCrosse Boosters, Delbarton School, 1995 – 2001
- Father’s Club, Delbarton School, 1991 – 2001
- Home and School Association, Forest Avenue School, 1985 – 1991
- Member, Board of Health, Township of Glen Ridge, 1991 – 2001
- LoVerme, S.R., Bershadsky, M., Loverme, P.J.: “Ease and Efficacy of Burn Management with Povidone – Iodine Ointment.” Recent Antiseptic Techniques In the Management of Burn Wound, The Proceedings of a Symposium, Georgiade, N.D., Editor, Purdue Fredricks and Company, 1974.
- Machiedo, G.W., LoVerme, P.J., Blackwood, J.M.: “Patterns of Mortality in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit.” Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, 152:757, June 1981.
- Loverme, P.J., Machiedo, G.W., Warden, M.J., Rush, B.F., Jr.: “Hemodynamic Effects of Prolonged Infusion of PGE 1 After Hemorrhagic Shock.” Circulatory Shock, 8:213, 1981.
- Spillert, R., Hollingshead, M.D., LoVerme, P.J., Lazaro, E.J.: “Paradoxical Effects of Burns in Diabetic Mice.” Circulatory Shock, 8:196, 1981.
- LoVerme, P.J., Spillert, C.R., Kerr, J.C., Lazaro, E.J.: “Adverse Effects of Ethanol on Murine Frostbite.” Circulatory Shock, 9:198, 1982.
- LoVerme, P.J., Rush, B.F., Jr., Legaspi, A., Swaminathan, A.P.: “Combined Therapy in Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck.” American Surgeon, 48:197 – 201, May 1982.
- Machiedo, G.W., Warden, M.J., LoVerme, P.J., Rush, B.F., Jr.: “Hemodynamic Effects of Prolonged Infusion of Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) After Hemorrhagic Shock.” Journal of Surgical Research, 32:484 – 488, 1982.
- Barillo, D.J., Spillert, C.R., LoVerme, P.J., Lazaro, E.J.: “Detrimental Effects of Ethanol on Murine Frostbite.” American Surgeon, 50:649, 1984.
- LoVerme, P.J., Kelleher, J.C., “Saline Float, Positioning of the Polyurethane Covered Breast Prosthesis.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 77:845, May 1986.
- LoVerme, P.J., Saccone, P.G.: “Limited Portal with Direct-Vision Carpal Tunnel Release.” Annals of Plastic Surgery, 34:304 – 308, 1995.
- LoVerme, P.J., Pazienza, L.E.: “Dermabrasion, Chemical Peel and Camouflage.” Dermascope, 72 – 76, September/October 1996.